The OACP offers a $2,000 scholarship to assist one Chief from a smaller agency, that has 15 or less full time employees, to attend the annual International Chiefs of Police (IACP) Conference. The scholarship is awarded on a point-system basis.
Do You Qualify by meeting the following requirements?
1. Applicants must be a police chief of a smaller agency – defined as 15 or fewer authorized strength positions.
2. Applicants must never have attended an IACP Annual Conference in the past.
3. Applicants must be active members of the OACP in good standing.
Easy Steps to Apply:
- Meet eligibility requirements as described above.
- Download and complete the scholarship application form (see link to the right).
- Send completed application and short narrative (via email, fax or mail) to the OACP office, c/o Marie Campbell, by March 31st.
If you have questions please contact the OACP office: email@example.com
“I am very thankful to the OACP for giving me the privilege to attend the annual IACP conference in Philadelphia, PA. Being from such a small agency and city, with very limited resources, there would be almost no way that I could attend without this scholarship. The classes and presentations I was able to attend were very informative. I particularly enjoyed the structure of them, as they were very succinct and to the point; designed to give as much information in as short a time as possible. The opportunities to meet other police professionals from all over the country and world is invaluable. Knowing that that we all have a similar job that we perform, but learning that we use slightly different methods and means of getting it done. This was an awesome and very worthwhile experience and I am extremely grateful to the OACP for the opportunity.”
-Chief Duane Wisehard, Reedsport PD