Each year, the Oregon Association Chiefs of Police (OACP) provides $1000 college scholarships to students who plan to enter a law enforcement or other criminal justice career. The OACP is committed to promoting professionalism and we value the presence and contributions of educated men and women in Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice. To further our commitment, the OACP provides competitive college scholarships for qualifying students. The following information will help you determine if you qualify for scholarship consideration and will help you understand the application process.
Do You Qualify (Eligibility)?
- Have you completed at least 36 college credit hours?
- In lieu of the 36 college credit hours have you logged at least 240 hours of service over the last year as a cadet, explorer, or reserve police officer?
- Have you maintained a grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.5?
- Do you plan to enter a law enforcement or other criminal justice career?
Please Note: Preference will be given to:
- Immediate family members of an Oregon Police Officer killed or disabled in the line of duty.
- Dependents of OACP Members.
Easy Steps to Apply (Requirements):
- Meet eligibility requirements as described above.
- Download and complete the scholarship application form.
- Include a 300-word biography, including a brief description of your law enforcement or other criminal justice career plan. This is a competitive process, so you should be concise yet thorough.
- Obtain a signature from your local police chief on the application form indicating that you are eligible and have met these requirements.
- Include a letter of recommendation from a college instructor, high school counselor, or a representative of your current institution.
- Mail the completed application, biography, and letter of recommendation to:
Oregon Association Chiefs of Police
Attn: Scholarship Chair
1191 Capitol Street
NE Salem, OR 97301
- Applications must be received in the OACP offices by December 31st.
- The Oregon Association Chiefs of Police Scholarship Committee will review the application materials in January or early February and will award scholarships based on available funds.
- If you are selected, you and your financial aid office of your institution will be notified, and the funds will be sent to your financial aid office.
If you have questions please contact the OACP office: email@example.com