The OACP offers a $2,000 scholarship to assist one Chief from a smaller agency, that has 15 or less full time employees, to attend the annual International Chiefs of Police (IACP) Conference. The scholarship is awarded on a point-system basis.
Do You Qualify by meeting the following requirements?
1. Applicants who have attended the IACP conference in the past are eligible to apply, however preference will be given to someone who has not attended previously.
2. Applicants must be a member of the OACP in good standing.
3. Preference will be given to Police Chiefs from a smaller agency (defined as 15 or fewer authorized sworn officer positions), but all members are eligible to apply.
Easy Steps to Apply:
- Meet eligibility requirements as described above.
- Download and complete the scholarship application form (see link to the right).
- Send completed application and short narrative (via email, fax or mail) to the OACP office, c/o Marie Campbell, by March 31.
If you have questions please contact the OACP office: firstname.lastname@example.org
“I wanted to take a moment to thank OACP and the Scholarship Committee for helping our city in allowing me to attend the 2019 IACP conference. I took the opportunity and focused on attending training courses in three primary areas: Recruiting and Retaining employees, Officer Wellness Programs, and Small City Chief Issues. I plan on sharing what I learned at the coming Small City Chief’s meeting in February! The training and networking at the conference was outstanding and would not have happened without your support! Thank you again, OACP!”
-Chief Ken Reuben, Philomath PD