A Message from OACP President Matt Workman
Greetings and welcome to the Oregon Association Chiefs of Police (OACP) website! If you are an OACP member, I am humbled and honored to serve as your President for the 2021-2022 term. If you are not a member and are visiting our site, I welcome you and encourage you to check our site out.
The OACP was formed in 1953 with a mission to “promote and enhance the highest ethical and professional standards in law enforcement at all levels throughout Oregon,” a mission that continues to this day. As an organization, we are dedicated to following our core values and the highest of ethical standards, all while being committed to improving the profession we love and are dedicated to.
The membership of the OACP consists not only of Chiefs of Police, but a broad-spectrum of police professionals, leaders within municipal police and criminal justice organizations statewide, as well as participation from many retired police chiefs. Together, we are committed to our mission and dedicated to keeping Oregon law enforcement as a nationwide leader. The OACP is also supported by an outstanding executive staff responsible for the administration of OACP.
The OACP has several endeavors that help us to accomplish our mission, including:
- Holding professional conferences and sponsoring training sessions several times per year for not only our membership, but other individuals as well.
- Regularly testifying at the Oregon legislature to work to secure the passage of laws that serve the interests of our Oregon communities.
- Supporting the Oregon Accreditation Alliance which has established professional standards of accountability, management, and operations for Oregon’s public safety community.
- Partnering with and supporting a variety of non-profit organizations who, along with OACP, are committed to making Oregon a great place to live, work, and visit.
- Providing scholarships to students attending college to attain a degree in the Criminal Justice or related fields.
Whether you are an OACP Member or just visiting our website, I encourage you to look at our different programs and our efforts to make a difference in our various communities in and around Oregon.
Chief Matt Workman