The Oregon Association Chiefs of Police is proud to partner with the Traffic Safety Division of the Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT) and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) to reduce impaired driving and improve traffic safety throughout the State of Oregon. The purpose of this resource center is to provide local police departments and members of the public with tools and information designed to increase safety on our roadways both for pedestrians and the motoring public.
Safety Belt Information
Pedestrian and Bicycle Safety
Traffic Safety Information and Links
Traffic Safety Links
– This Resource Center provides a wide range of bicycle safety education information
– Official U.S. Government Website for Distracted Driving
– A comprehensive analysis of the causes of traffic fatalities
– Resources designed to reduce highway fatalities
– A multistate database that contains crash, roadway inventory, and traffic volume data for a select group of States
– Focuses on safety-related research from the perspective of the vehicle and the driver.
– Not-for-profit organization that conducts safety research.
– Information on traffic safety issues, safety seat and vehicle recalls, and materials
– Child passenger safety resources and program materials
– Comprehensive media resources for the broad range of traffic safety issues