Each year, the Oregon Association Chiefs of Police (OACP) provides $1000 college scholarships to students who plan to enter a law enforcement or other criminal justice career field or are currently in the fields and are taking college courses to further their careers. The OACP is committed to promoting professionalism and we value the presence and contributions of educated men and women in Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice. To further our commitment, the OACP provides competitive college scholarships for qualifying students. The following information will help you determine if you qualify for scholarship consideration and will help you understand the application process.
Do You Qualify by Meeting the Following Requirements?
- Are you currently enrolled or plan to enroll in a Criminal Justice or related program at an accredited institution?
- Have you maintained a grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.5?
- Do you plan to enter law enforcement or other criminal justice career field or are you in law enforcement or other criminal justice field and are seeking a promotion or career advancement?
Please Note: Preference points will be given to:
- Those entering or are in law enforcement
- Immediate family members of an Oregon Police Officer killed or disabled in the line of duty.
- Dependents of OACP Members.
Easy Steps to Apply:
PLEASE NOTE: All applicants MUST USE APPLICATION WITH “2022.1” in lower left corner.
- Meet eligibility requirements as described above.
- Download and complete the scholarship application form (see link to the right).
- Make sure you complete EVERY STEP on the bottom of the application.
- Include a 300-word biography, including a brief description of your law enforcement or other criminal justice career plan. Please be concise yet thorough. Keep in mind as you are working on this written submission that this is a competitive process.
- Meet with a local police chief to discuss your application form then obtain their signature indicating that you are eligible based on the requirements of this scholarship.
- Include a letter of recommendation from a college instructor, high school counselor, or a representative of your current institution.
- Mail the completed application, biography, and letter of recommendation to:
Oregon Association Chiefs of Police
Attn: Scholarship Chair
PO Box 21719
Keizer, OR 97307
- Applications must be received in the OACP offices by December 31.
- The Oregon Association Chiefs of Police Scholarship Committee will review the application materials in January or early February and will award scholarships based on available funds.
- If you are selected, you and your financial aid office of your institution will be notified, and the funds will be sent to your financial aid office.
If you have questions please contact the OACP office: firstname.lastname@example.org
Scholarship Application Form (.pdf)
2022/2023 Scholarship Recipients
Cody Arnold, University of Oregon
Tamerra Cervantes-Carlos, Springfield High School
Gabriella Galetti, Marin Catholic High School
Jake Galetti, University of Oregon
Auria Keck, University of Oregon
Heather Martley, Liberty University
Curtis Strahm, Southern Oregon University
Cody Thomas, Chemeketa Community College
Lillian Wells, Bend Senior High School
Sydney White, Pacific University Oregon
Congratulations to these college scholarship recipients!